Saturday, June 16, 2007

Welcome to 38.

In recognition of my 38th birthday, I will be posting a work for sale every Thursday for the sum of 38 Dollars or Euros.

I was born on June 14th. In America this date coincides with Flag Day, something which I was quite proud of as a kid.

For me, birthdays have become sort of bittersweet; the celebration of my personal new year and then of course realizing I am one year older. As I get older I am constantly taking stock of my standing in life; where my career is, my love life, my health and my financial standing. I never thought I would be where I am and doing what I am doing at this age.

This project is an attempt at checking in with my self, my work and considering these ideas in concert with my 38th year.

I'm looking forward to this year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello April... It is your friend Peter Bro... I hope you had a great thirty eight! (that sounds like something you would say in a cheap greeting card) I would love to talk to you more. E-mail me soon. Hope all is well, yours, P.

AVG said...

pete
thanks for your note!
great to hear from you.
yes let's be in more touch
you got my number!
send me some news
big love my fellow gemini
yours a

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!
38 must be amazing!!!!!!

did you get the song i sent?

love
ju.