Thursday, November 29, 2007

Up Above it all



Found photo, found paper, found magazine clipping, orange thread, and graphite
23.5 x 32 cm or 9.5" x 11.5"

This work is larger than the scan bed and therefore it appears that it is a perfect piece of paper - but actually it is a very irregular piece of paper.

Growing up in California I spent endless hours on the freeway. It is fair to say that I have been interested in the organic shape of freeways for sometime. These very round and winding exits and entrances have always been exciting to me. I have always wished I could have a bird's eye view of the freeway systems. So I was quite happy when I recently stumbled across this freeway image which is positioned below the character. Living in Germany I don't get much opportunity to go on the Autobahn, but somehow when I do, it is always a very different experience.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Very cool work !