Thursday, January 17, 2008

Josephine's Aura




17.5 x 26.5 cm

Found black and white photographs, artist tape, origami paper, acrylic paint, found paper

The character - Josephine - comes off the edge of the paper - so her handbag is below the paper edge line. Hope that is clear in this scan.


//

"In metaphysics, Aura refers to the energy field emanating from the surface of a person or object."

I have always wondered about auras. Mostly I think it would be confusing if you could see auras - I mean then you would see an environment of colorful light around not only people but also things - because everything has an aura. Maybe there are some people out there who can see auras. I imagine so.
But I think it would be a burden.

Nevertheless I thought it might be nice to be able to see Josephine's auras - so here they are, although of course she does have more (if you were wondering).

No comments: